November 10, 2008

But only for a while...

Dad's home, but only for a while. His plane landed at four o'clock Saturday afternoon and he's leaving for Seattle this Wednesday. Short trip, but at least he could come when he did. He's saying he doubts he'll be able to come home for thanksgiving. We probably won't see him until Christmas if that is the case. Last time we saw him was about two and a half months ago.
So thats where I've been. All of us "kids" have been staying here with him at "the big house" and it's basically been bittersweet. It's nice to have him here, and all of us kids together in the house again, but it's not so great because I'm pretty sure all of us are thinking of how life used to be when we were all in it together. Things would basically be the same except for the fact that moma isn't here. The whole thing is great but it just sucks at the same time. Bottom line. I will admit that while I enjoy staying in a place like Hartsville because it's close to things, and people, but I fucking miss being able to be in the solitude of my old bedroom. I'm actually sitting in my room with the door locked. Imagine that! A door! That can be locked if and when I want it to be. A lot of people take for granted the simplicity, but the superb power of a thing such as a locked door...
Anyway, the internet has been out here, but dad finally got the IP addresses to match (or something like that) so now I'm back online blogging.

I finally went by the Hardware Store and got some PVC pipes cut and fit for my light box! It cost me twenty-seven dollars and some change, but I think its definitely worth it. I can't wait to go by Hobby Lobby or Wal-Mart to get some sheets/blankets for my backdrop. I have a couple of lamps that will serve as my sources of light. They're the clip on kind so having a PVC frame helps for clipping them on. I used my navy blue comforter as the backdrop when I was testing it out earlier but I forgot to take a picture of the whole thing to show you. I'll have to do that later.

I would write more, but my littlest brother is begging to put in his new Crayola game he got for his birthday, so I think I'll sign off.
I'm at the "big house" until Wednesday afternoon/evening. So I may or may not post something else. Until then, chow.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm glad your dad is home!!!!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Heather Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ said...

Hey I am so sorry that I never commented you back. I haven't been on in a few months. I decided to check it this morning and see if anything new was up b/c before I never got anything.

I still have some learning to do about this blog thing.

I was hurt for the longest time by my ex breaking up with me. I felt that he was the one and that's why things happened the way that they did when we were together. Its a very long story though. I'll tell you about it when I get the chance. If you will email me at sdarkangl06.com and I'll email you the story.

I hope that you are doing well.