April 6, 2009

Twilight

Ah yes. I didn't think it would happen, but hell did it happen.
I read the first Twilight book, and saw the horrible movie.
I thought the book was very cute/nice and it certainly held my attention for the two short days it took me to read it.
Not that anyone cares, but I left my video camera at home so I can't do a video entry on my twilight rant so you get to hear it :D
Anyway, like I said I enjoyed the book and I thought it had a great love plot to it(?) however unless I took breaks from it I got really agitated with the character Bella (like so many other readers that I've been reading about) and how the story was written. It may or may not sound cocky, but back when I would attempt to write stories or whatever just as a hobby I usually would just delete it before "finishing" it because I hated my writing style. As soon as I got used to the flow of Stepanie Meyer's writing style did I realize it was very similar to mine and I got really annoyed with it. lol.
I talked to a bunch of people at work who saw me reading the book and they would comment on how great the movie was so I got really hyped to see it because lets face it, I'm not really a movie type of person. I just can't sit through a movie like I used to. Anyway, as soon as I finished the book my friend rented it and her and a few friends sat down to watch it.
I was very disappointed.
I felt like the whole thing was completely butchered, and rushed through at an unnecessary fast pace. Almost as if the director's whole purpose in producing this movie was giving the oh so gorgeous Robert Pattinson sexy scenes to remember him by. Everything else was just terrible.
Kristen Stewert portrayed Bella as an even more annoying uncoordinated doofus than the book did! Her acting really came across as poor to me, but now that I think about it, maybe it was the fact that all the "important" scenes were all smooshed together in an unattractive way making it almost impossible to get really passionate in the "passionate" scenes.
So I don't really want to bash her, she managed to make me aggrivated with Bella just like in the book.
Anyway, I think that's all I want to say, I haven't blogged in a while so I don't think I presented this in a very clear professional way. Oh well, there's only two people following my blog anyway :D

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I enjoy following your blogs! mmhmm :)