I mean there is no one there telling you what to see through the lens, or how to capture it. How you perceive what you look at is how you will try to make it look in the end.
For a long time now, I've let what I see other photographers do, and other popular "photography" on myspace and the internet affect how I look at things. I try to make my pictures match, or kind of give off the same feeling as the ones I see on the internet. But now that I've deleted myspace (well I've done it, but "Tom's" dumb self hasn't deleted it yet. haha) I don't think my perception of things around me will be bothered with what I think people think I need to photograph.
Wow, what sense THAT made...
So I went to Florence yesterday, alone. Thats the first time I've ever done that. I mean, I went to the mall, and I went to all my favorite stores (oh what few there are to choose from haha) and I even ate my favorite food (chik-fil-A) alone.
I even waltzed into Bath and Body Works and treated myself to some roll-on-your-wrist aromatherapy and a cute little book of four color lip shades. It was fairly expensive for those two little trinkets, but hey, I rarely EVER treat myself to something like that just out of the blue.
But anyway what I was going to say was I stopped into Barnes N' Noble last night and just tucked into a comfy chair and started skimming through this book:

It was pretty interesting and I even found a quote inside that really inspired me with my photography.
it was "The best way to go into an unknown territory is to go in ignorant"-Dorothea Lange.
I don't know, I just realized that sometimes you just can't know everything about a place to get good photos. I'll try to remember that next time a go on a photography day...



1 comment:
Hannah,
I was wondering who on my top friends was gone. haha
I can already tell a difference in you and your writings since you've started counseling. It and God helped change my life for the better. You know where I was and you know where I am now. I really hope that it can be of help to you and help change you. I know it will if you allow it. I love you and wish you the best.
Post a Comment