Why the young generation these days (my generation in fact) insists on being bigoted idiots? I mean, why is someone who is puking all over themselves and doing hideous things because they are intoxicated out of their minds, going to look me in the eye and in all seriousness tell me to join them and be (quote, unquote) "normal". This puzzles me because while it is true that when people are in their late teens early twenties, some of them party and get drunk and do stupid things, however, not ALL of them are doing so. Myself included. Just because I don't want to drink, or get high, or get drunk and party, does not make me anything less than "normal" plenty of people my age decide not to do those things simply because they are not interested. This is the choice I've made on my own and I believe that the partying half should just respect that and not try to enforce their beliefs on the non partying half.
The argument can easily go both ways.
"Dude, just get drunk with us this once, you'll like it and you'll want to do it some more. C'mon, everyone your age does it, its NORMAL, its cool, live life and be young and happy while you can!"
Ever heard this testimony?
How about this one.
"um, no thanks, getting intoxicated to the point where I don't know what I'm doing just doesn't sound very appealing to me. I thought it was NORMAL for people our ages to concentrate on getting our lives in order, not partying and acting stupid."
Hmm, I've definitely heard both.
Now I of course cannot tell you which party is the "correct" party simply because there is no proof of who is right.
But if you look at the facts, the majority of kids who party and get drunk at early ages, continue the habbit, and rarely make something of themselves in the future. Now this certainly doesn't apply to everyone, some people may do it for a while, but then quit, but we're just looking at the majority here.
I'm simply stating my opinion and my standpoint on the whole situation because I have been subjected to the partying scene quite a few times since I've turned eighteen and I've become quite bored and annoyed with people bothering me with the whole situation.
December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Thank God Hannah! haha You're not the only person not drinking and partying. Life is so much better with out it. You're such a great person & I love you!!!!!!! Continue to resits the temptation. It WILL pay off in the long run.
Danielle, you're great...
lol how ya been?
i love you and miss you girlie!
Post a Comment