December 15, 2008

Flickr

Has basically been taking up my time these past couple of days. or Should I say, past week. I haven't blogged in a while. I haven't felt the need. I find that I don't need blogger as my "outlet" anymore. Either I've chilled out with the emotions, or photography really is another form of relaxing therapy. Either way, I'm not pissed in this post. I've been taking pictures of everything and taking my Nikon everywhere with me lately. I find that I'm seeing the beauty in the small things, the everyday things, the forgotten things, and I like it. I feel that I'm getting some sort of new perspective on how I look at things. I now think "wow, it's raining outside, look how beautiful I can make ____ look. "Instead of "dammit, it's raining, and I wanted to take pictures today." It's a skill if you can make something beautiful out of something ugly isn't it? I find that I'm not putting my photography on this huge pedestal anymore. I'm not comparing it to other pictures I see on Flickr so harshly. Instead, I look at other peoples photos and ponder how I can make mine look better, or the same. It's been a learning process for me, and I find that an hour on Flickr is more relaxing than five minutes on myspace ever was for me. I accept my style of photography as unique, and that I can't please everyone, but out of the millions of people in this world, my work is bound to inspire or move someone.

"
The shadows are totally working for me on this, I love how your fingers disappear into the dark. That along with the other lights and their different colors and placement in your shot just work. great job! "

A comment from a total stranger on one of my latest photos:

Photobucket

No comments: