April 24, 2009

asdf;lkancoia

what kind of fucking photographer am I supposed to BE if my fucking computer won't even let me upload any damn photos! It's always me! always me! nothing for me has ever worked when it comes to owning and operating a computer. My computers have always crashed, therefore losing all of my data, or it won't operate up to my basic needs and standards. I mean WHY me?????! My stupid dell that dad got for me two christmas' ago was running off of ubuntu linux which was fine if I just wanted to surf the web and not watch youtube, well then I became interested in photography and I need just a BIT more space than the lame twenty five GB that my dell had. So my gracious mother who had a 75 GB toshiba switched with me so I could have the space that she wasn't using whenever she got on facebook. All that was fine until one day the ol' dell decides to quite working. So mom of course CLAIMS that she CANNOT be without a computer and takes hostage "my" toshiba which technically was hers, but we made a trade so technically it was mine ?
Anyway, I've been laptopless for like a whole month. My father who has been in Seattle since the stone ages practically, comes home for a visit and tries to revive this stupid dell that my friends greg and lee failed miserably to fix. well he can't get windows back on there so he puts the inevitable Ubuntu back on here. Great! It browses the internet, it's fast and it doesn't have annoying pop ups. fine. mom can keep the already virus ridden toshiba for all I care. I finally have a laptop. I can finally catch up on my photography work. no no. Not for me. Not for hannah tolbert. No, this dell decides that it is NOT going to open or identify my external hard drive that has all my pictures and information on it. My dad tires to install some sort of driver only to come to the realization that it isn't possible because a monkey in brazil was taking a shit at that time. Fine. I'll figure that one out on my own later. So I thought to myself, I'll just upload some photos directly off of my SD card thats in my nikon. I convert the SD card through a USB conversion device and whaddayaknow? IT WON'T FECKING IDENTIFY THAT EITHER! So unless some very strong beings come over here and force this hammer out of my hands, there's going to be bits of dell laptop all over my room...

2 comments:

Danielle said...

awww hannah! I'm sorry! But I am happy you're blogging again! I've missed reading about what's going on with you. & Congrats on getting a photography gig sunday! You'll do amazingly as usual!

Independent_82 said...

thanks danielle!
Yeah, I'm excited, but we're gonna have to postpone the shoot for next week. oh well i'll let you see my work when I'm done ;)